Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Week to Remember

My week in One word would be "overflowing" Yes, that's just what it would be. 

Even as I sat down to begin this post, I had my water cup under the fridge water dispenser and TOTALLY forgot I had it there....needless to say, all I could do was laugh to myself as I was cleaning a LARGE puddle of water up from the floor. Overflowing, thats just the kinda week it has been. 

Honestly not even sure where to begin...

The week started out on a positive note as Chase and I returned home from a weekend camp retreat with the middle school teens at church, I was blessed to be in the presence of Christ and watch him do mighty things in many students lives! Even in the moments when I felt LEAST capable of being the hands and feet of Jesus, He chose to shine through me into the lives of others; reminding me all along the way that it isn't anything I do anyways!! What a humbling thing it is to be smack dap in the middle of the Lord's will, while the only thing holding me there is the shed blood of Jesus Christ! His grace overflowing...
                          
 All 50+ of us before loading the bus...
My 13 amazing roommates for the weekend...


Hanging out by the campfire...beautiful girls!

Monday rolled around and Chase and I were awake and running before the sun made its appearance. We are sorta (meaning: if I feel ready in time) training for a half marathon....in 4 weeks... sorta....SO if you are insane like we are, and happen to be driving down south shore during (what feels like) the middle of the night...maybe you will get some good laughs out of my attempts to keep up with my fast husband :) OR maybe you could just drive me home...? In all seriousness though, I LOVE running, even if my body isn't used to running 8 miles at once yet...let alone 13.1 :) Simply pair together running, my husband, and God's creation, to get my happiness tank overflowing...

Oh, and then there is this little thing called trust...a beautiful, complex (because I make it that way) concept that I have been learning lots about lately. Even amidst a wonderful weekend reveling in God's love and faithfulness, I was faced with some unknowns as to what my "working" (can't even fully call it that, when I love my little "clients" so much :) ) plans were going to be for this season of life. To sum it all up in a very short simple way, God humbled me yet again, as he revealed His plans for me this coming season. His perfect timing and obvious intervention, brought me to tears of pure joy and pure Adoration for my loving Savior! Overflowing...

I could probably go on for a good while describing ways I have felt the spirit move my heart to overflowing in this past week, but instead, I will  give you just a small snap shot before I close this one out....

Over flowing with Joy...listening to my little nieces sing out every worship song they hear on the radio, exclaiming, "Turn it up please!!! I LOVE this one!"...Meeting and holding new life as I was able to meet our newest little neighbor baby and savor all the faithfulness she represents...spending time in God's word and in prayer, simply being quiet in His presence...Reflecting on the countless ways I've been blessed and cared for in just a matter of days...

In Awe of my Marvelous Savior,






No comments:

Post a Comment