Thursday, May 23, 2013

Spring Showers and Flowers

I just LOVE to see all of the fresh color that is popping up all around me! 

This year, it was my goal to make sure that some of that "color" would come from our very garden/ yard.  A few weeks ago, Chase gave me the go-ahead to take a trip to one of our local green houses and pick out some blooming color! Needless to say I had a lovely time as I walked through the seemingly endless rows of flowers and sweet aroma. There is just something joyous about being surrounded by God's colorful creation that makes me want to get lost in its beauty, forgetting all of the troubles that we face in this world. 

Eventually, after debating and switching out and sizing up, I filled my cart with the flowers that would soon be the color in our yard. :) I could hardly wait to get them all planted and growing in their new home! 

Here are a few snap shots of my loving husband as he helped me plant our new beauties...




Now for the "showers" part...


My best friend, Anna is GETTING MARRIED this summer, and I couldn't be more HAPPY for her and her soon-to-be hubby:) They have dated for nearly 4 years and have honored the Lord through this season of their lives and I am THRILLED to be a part of this "New Growth" as they begin their marriage.

I had the honor and privilege of hosting a friends bridal shower for her last week, I just LOVE a good excuse to throw a party! Overall I think everyone had a fun time, and the soon-to-be bride is a little more equipped with household necessites:) 

Unfortunately, I was a little preoccupied with the "hosting" portion of the night that I failed to capture all of the fun and laughter the took place, but I do have a few snap-shots of  the party prep....

 All set to go, let the celebrating begin!
 The gift table (before all the guests came)
             
Instead of your typical guest book, all of the guests signed a wooden spoon and wrote out a fun date idea or a piece of advice for the happy couple:)





         
                                                             HAPPY SPRING TIME 
                                                                            to you!

                                                         Have a beautiful and blessed day!





No comments:

Post a Comment