Friday, December 5, 2014

Before and Afters- The Kitchen

Welcome to Friday my friends. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that December is nearly a week over already! Trying even harder to find the quiet, while the world around me is in a flurry of hurry. Savoring my Saviors birth story as much as possible and working towards less crazy and more calm. You know, because sometimes less truly is MORE.

Which leads me to the next room on our Before and After tour. 

Our Kitchen. 

As you will soon see the before pictures of our kitchen are a tad on the outdated side. We introduced a little bit of color into the finished space, but for the most part, I wanted clean lines, and a fresh welcoming feel. Like I said before, less is more, at least in my opinion as far as the cupboards go...

ENJOY!


BEFORE:




Notice the scary flooring. 


He couldn't wait to start pulling the floor up! This was taken the night we closed on the house! Lots of work to be done. BUT After a couple months of renovations including: new counters, painted cupboards ( new hardware),  new lighting,  more paint, refinished wood floors (which were under layers of who knows what), new ceiling and many many hours spent mostly by our family and friends. (THANK YOU, you know who you are!)  we had our new kitchen!

 AFTER:

The island is one of our many Ikea purchases, and its center piece is ever changing














                      





                     




       











No comments:

Post a Comment